Tips and advice to help you purchase the best car hoist for your workshop.
Many distributors of car hoists in Australia try to sell you on the “features” of their product. But the truth is, many of the best car hoists on the market offer the same features. Instead, when you buy a hoist, you should consider the quality, reliability and longevity of the product. Further, you should look to buy from a seller that provides you directly with support, service and spare parts.
A hoist is a serious, long-term investment for your workshop. When you choose to buy from a manufacturer rather than a distributor, you choose peace of mind. At CORGHI, we manufacture our own high-quality car hoists and provide support right across Australia. Therefore, you know that you are buying a reliable and long-lasting product that is directly backed by our nationwide service network.
If you want help buying the best car hoist for your garage in Australia, we strongly urge you to consider the following tips and advice. And please read our reviews to see for yourself how happy our customers are with their decision to buy a CORGHI car hoist.
Ask Yourself These Questions Before Buying a Car Hoist
No two garage workshops are the same. Some mechanics specialise in certain vehicles, whilst others generalize. So, it is important when purchasing a car hoist that you consider your personal needs and requirements. Before looking at the market, ask yourself the following questions:
- What vehicles do I work on? Am I most likely to be working on passenger vehicles, 4WD’s, lights trucks, industrial vehicles or motorbikes?
- What size and tonnage of vehicle do I need to be able to hoist? Do I need to be able to raise oversized vehicles or only passenger vehicles?
- How large is my site? What are the dimensions of my workshop? How high is the roof clearance?
- How thick is the concrete slab where I’ll be placing the car hoist?
- What kind of work will I be performing when the vehicle is on the hoist? Do I need access to the driver’s door?
- Do I need a clear floor underneath the car hoist when working?
Questions to Ask the Manufacturer Before Buying a Car Hoist
Before you buy a car hoist, there are a few questions that you should ask the manufacturer or sales team. The answers to these questions will affect the manufacturer and product that you choose:
- Where are the car hoists manufactured? Are they designed and built to a high-quality standard?
- Does the manufacturer directly provide support and spare parts?
- What are the minimum and maximum distances between the posts? This will determine the width of the vehicles that can be hoisted.
- What is the maximum lifting height of the car hoist? This will determine the height that you can lift the vehicle once it is on the hoist.
- Should I buy a symmetrical hoist or an asymmetrical hoist? Symmetrical arms are usually preferred for longer vehicles but can make it difficult to open the driver’s door.
European vs Chinese Car Hoists
Once you have thought about your spatial and technical requirements, you should put some thought towards the manufacturer that you choose.
CORGHI is a European based company that started in Italy in 1954. We are very open about our manufacturing process and can offer two ranges of product:
- European-manufactured products: this range is manufactured in our own Italian factory and offers the highest quality in terms of materials used and longevity of the product.
- Chinese-manufactured products: this range is manufactured in our own Chinese factory, but it is run with European technical expertise. These products offer quality European designs at a competitive price.
Beware that many distributors in Australia mass-produce car hoists in Chinese factories using cheap, low-quality materials and unreliable designs. If you choose to buy a car hoist from a distributor, you may not receive the quality, reliability or longevity that you expect. And, because distributors deal with many different products (rather than just specialising in one area), they cannot provide you with the direct service, support and spare parts that a specialised manufacturer can.
CORGHI is a specialised manufacturer. Our product range is built within our own factories, run by European technical experts and standards. We are therefore able to offer our customers quality European designs that surpass mass-produced hoists sold through distributors. Plus, we can provide service, support and our own spare parts all across Australia.
Buying from a Manufacturer vs a Distributor
CORGHI is a manufacturer of car hoists – not a distributor. This is why our customers choose our brand over our competitors. We design and manufacture all of the car hoists that we sell.
From our branch in NSW, we can directly provide you with CORGHI support right across the nation. No matter where you live in Australia, we can provide spare parts and service your car hoist. This is very important for many of our customers, who require fast and reliable support to ensure that their workshop is never compromised.
Distributors will not be able to provide you with the high-quality, responsive and specialised service that CORGHI provides. Distributors do not specialise in any one area – they sell a wide range of products which are often mass-produced and unbranded.
The Full Package – Inspection, Freight and Installation
Beyond the product itself, consider the service that you will receive immediately before and after buying your car hoist.
At CORGHI, we pride ourselves on providing our customers with the full package. We provide advice as to the best car hoist for your site and requirements. And, we can even send our team to inspect your site for you.
Once you’ve decided on the right product for you, we will freight the car hoist and can install it for you – anywhere in Australia.
Our focus is on providing high-quality and reliable car hoists that will last you for many years to come. But we also want to make life easy for you with our nationwide service, support and installation.
Please read our testimonials for yourself and see how happy our customers are with their decision to buy a CORGHI car hoist.